Do you love reading? Would you like the opportunity to get together with other people to discuss a book and express your opinion, likes or dislikes. Then our Book Club is for you. Come along and enjoy a relaxed evening and meet other members whilst enjoying a bite to eat and/or a refreshment.
Monthly meetings are held in the Bistro and all members are welcome to join in.
Our next Book Club Meeting will be held on Wednesday 22nd May @ 6.00pm.
For further information regarding the Book Club please contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1
Author: Minnie Darke
In this sparkling romantic comedy, a young journalist tampers with her magazine’s horoscopes to win her friend’s heart – and sets in motion an unpredictable and often hilarious ripple effect . . .
When Justine Carmichael (Sagittarius, aspiring journalist and sceptic) bumps into her old friend Nick Jordan (Aquarius, struggling actor and true believer) it could be by chance. Or it could be written in the stars.
Justine works at the Alexandria Park Star – and Nick, she now learns, relies on the magazine’s astrology column to guide him in life.
Looking for a way to get Nick’s attention, Justine has the idea of making a few small alterations to ‘Aquarius’ before it goes to print.
It’s only a horoscope, after all. What harm could it possibly do?
Other books read by our Book Club…
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Good People, Hannah Kent
- Working Class Boy, Jimmy Barnes
- A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara
- The Restorer, Michael Sala
- The Hidden Hours, Sara Foster
- Black Rock White City, A S Patric
- The Dry, Jane Harper
- The Cows, Dawn O’Porter
- Celeste, Roland Perry
- Our Souls at Night, Kent Haruf
- The Secret She Keeps, Michael Robotham
- On the Java Ridge, Jock Serong
- The Girl Before, J P Delaney
- Angels & Insects, A S Byatt
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- The Tin Man, Sarah Winman
- Butterfly on a Pin, Alannah Hill
- The Secret History, Donna Tartt
- Danger Music, Eddie Ayres
- The NoWhere Child, Christian White
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Holly Ringland
- Regeneration, Pat Barker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
Mornington Peninsula's Slice of Paradise
Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house, there is a little something for everyone at the Ranelagh Club!