Do you love reading? Would you like the opportunity to get together with other people to discuss a book and express your opinion, likes or dislikes. Then our Book Club is for you. Come along and enjoy a relaxed evening and meet other members whilst enjoying a bite to eat and/or a refreshment.
Monthly meetings are held in the Bistro and all members are welcome to join in.
Our next Book Club Meeting will be held on WEDNESDAY 17TH JUNE @ 6.00PM.
For further information regarding the Book Club please contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1
The Clockmaker’s Daughter: Author Kate Morton
In the summer of 1862, a group of young artists led by the passionate and talented Edward Radcliffe descends upon Birchwood Manor on the banks of the Upper Thames. Their plan: to spend a secluded summer month in a haze of inspiration and creativity. But by the time their stay is over, one woman has been shot dead while another has disappeared; a priceless heirloom is missing; and Edward Radcliffe’s life is in ruins.
Over one hundred and fifty years later, Elodie Winslow, a young archivist in London, uncovers a leather satchel containing two seemingly unrelated items: a sepia photograph of an arresting-looking woman in Victorian clothing, and an artist’s sketchbook containing the drawing of a twin-gabled house on the bend of a river.
Why does Birchwood Manor feel so familiar to Elodie? And who is the beautiful woman in the photograph? Will she ever give up her secrets?
For further information contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1.
Other books read by our Book Club…
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Good People, Hannah Kent
- Working Class Boy, Jimmy Barnes
- A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara
- The Restorer, Michael Sala
- The Hidden Hours, Sara Foster
- Black Rock White City, A S Patric
- The Dry, Jane Harper
- The Cows, Dawn O’Porter
- Celeste, Roland Perry
- Our Souls at Night, Kent Haruf
- The Secret She Keeps, Michael Robotham
- On the Java Ridge, Jock Serong
- The Girl Before, J P Delaney
- Angels & Insects, A S Byatt
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- The Tin Man, Sarah Winman
- Butterfly on a Pin, Alannah Hill
- The Secret History, Donna Tartt
- Danger Music, Eddie Ayres
- The NoWhere Child, Christian White
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Holly Ringland
- Regeneration, Pat Barker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
- Star Crossed, Minnie Darke
- Becoming, Michelle Obama
Mornington Peninsula's Slice of Paradise
Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house, there is a little something for everyone at the Ranelagh Club!