Do you love reading? Would you like the opportunity to get together with other people to discuss a book and express your opinion, likes or dislikes. Then our Book Club is for you. Come along and enjoy a relaxed evening and meet other members whilst enjoying a bite to eat and/or a refreshment.
Monthly meetings are held in the Bistro and all members are welcome to join in.
Our next Book Club Meeting will be held on Wednesday 4th August 2021, 12pm or 6pm
For further information regarding the Book Club please contact Narelle in the Office on 9787 0265 #1
A MILLION THINGS
Author: EMILY SPURR
Rae is ten years old, and she’s tough. She’s had to be: life with her mother has taught her the world is not her friend. Now suddenly her mum is gone and Rae is alone, except for her dog Splinter.
Rae can do a lot of things pretty well for a kid. She can take care of herself and Splints, stay under the radar at school and keep the front yard neat enough that the neighbours won’t get curious. But she is gnawed at by fear and sadness; haunted by the shadow of a terrible secret.
Lettie, who lives next door, might know more about Rae than she lets on. But she has her own reasons for keeping the world at arm’s length. When Rae finds out what they are, it seems like she and Lettie could help each other.
But how long can a friendship last when it’s based on secrets?
Tender, funny, heartbreaking—A Million Things is a story of grief and resilience, told with eloquent simplicity. In brave, spiky Rae, Emily Spurr has created a character you will never forget.
Other books read by our past Book Club…
- The Thursday Murder Club, Richard Osman
- Hamnet, Maggie O’farrell
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Good People, Hannah Kent
- Working Class Boy, Jimmy Barnes
- A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara
- The Restorer, Michael Sala
- The Hidden Hours, Sara Foster
- Black Rock White City, A S Patric
- The Dry, Jane Harper
- The Cows, Dawn O’Porter
- Celeste, Roland Perry
- Our Souls at Night, Kent Haruf
- The Secret She Keeps, Michael Robotham
- American Dirt, Jeanine Cummins
- On the Java Ridge, Jock Serong
- The Girl Before, J P Delaney
- Angels & Insects, A S Byatt
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- The Tin Man, Sarah Winman
- Butterfly on a Pin, Alannah Hill
- The Eggshell Skull, Bri Lee
- Three Women, Lisa Taddeo
- The Secret History, Donna Tartt
- Danger Music, Eddie Ayres
- The NoWhere Child, Christian White
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Holly Ringland
- The Trauma Cleaner, Sarah Krasnostein
- Regeneration, Pat Barker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
- Star Crossed, Minnie Darke
- Becoming, Michelle Obama
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter, Kate Morton
- Between a Wolf and a Dog, Georgia Blain
- A Gentleman in Moscow, Amor Towels
- The Elephant Whisperer, Lawrence Anthony
- The Wife and The Widow, Christian White
- Know My Name, Chanel Miller
Sunday Grazing 1200 noon onwards – Live Entertainment from 3pm
31st July – QUEEN ROCKS
7th August – CHAMPAGNE DAME
$6 BEER & WINE – EVERY DAY
$20 CLUB CLASSICS – EVERY DAY
Mornington Peninsula's Slice of Paradise
Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house,
there is a little something for everyone at the Ranelagh Club!