Do you love reading? Would you like the opportunity to get together with other people to discuss a book and express your opinion, likes or dislikes. Then our Book Club is for you. Come along and enjoy a relaxed evening and meet other members whilst enjoying a bite to eat and/or a refreshment.
Monthly meetings are held in the Bistro and all members are welcome to join in.
Our next Book Club Meeting will be held on WEDNESDAY 11TH MARCH @ 6.00PM.
For further information regarding the Book Club please contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1
The Wife and The Widow
Author: Christian White
Set against the backdrop of an eerie island town in the dead of winter, THE WIFE AND THE WIDOW is a mystery/thriller told from two perspectives: Kate, a widow whose grief is compounded by what she learns about her dead husband’s secret life; and Abby, an island local whose world is turned upside down when she’s forced to confront the evidence that her husband is a murderer.
But nothing on this island is quite as it seems, and only when these women come together can they discover the whole story about the men in their lives.
Brilliant and beguiling, THE WIFE AND THE WIDOW takes you to a cliff edge and asks the question: how well do we really know the people we love?
Other books read by our Book Club…
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Good People, Hannah Kent
- Working Class Boy, Jimmy Barnes
- A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara
- The Restorer, Michael Sala
- The Hidden Hours, Sara Foster
- Black Rock White City, A S Patric
- The Dry, Jane Harper
- The Cows, Dawn O’Porter
- Celeste, Roland Perry
- Our Souls at Night, Kent Haruf
- The Secret She Keeps, Michael Robotham
- On the Java Ridge, Jock Serong
- The Girl Before, J P Delaney
- Angels & Insects, A S Byatt
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- The Tin Man, Sarah Winman
- Butterfly on a Pin, Alannah Hill
- The Eggshell Skull, Bri Lee
- Three Women, Lisa Taddeo
- The Secret History, Donna Tartt
- Danger Music, Eddie Ayres
- The NoWhere Child, Christian White
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Holly Ringland
- Regeneration, Pat Barker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
- Star Crossed, Minnie Darke
- Becoming, Michelle Obama
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter, Kate Morton
- Between a Wolf and a Dog, Georgia Blain
- A Gentleman in Moscow, Amor Towels
- The Elephant Whisperer, Lawrence Anthony
Mornington Peninsula's Slice of Paradise
Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house, there is a little something for everyone at the Ranelagh Club!