Do you love reading? Would you like the opportunity to get together with other people to discuss a book and express your opinion, likes or dislikes. Then our Book Club is for you. Come along and enjoy a relaxed evening and meet other members whilst enjoying a bite to eat and/or a refreshment.
Monthly meetings are held in the Bistro and all members are welcome to join in.
Our next Book Club Meeting will be held on WEDNESDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER @ 6.00PM.
For further information regarding the Book Club please contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1
The Wych Elm, Author Tana French
For me it all goes back to that night, the dark corroded hinge between before and after, the slipped-in sheet of trick glass that tints everything on one side in its own murky colours and leaves everything on the other luminous and untouchable.
One night changes everything for Toby. A brutal attack leaves him traumatised, unsure even of the person he used to be. He seeks refuge at the family’s ancestral home, the Ivy House, filled with cherished memories of wild-strawberry summers and teenage parties with his cousins.
But not long after Toby’s arrival, a discovery is made. A skull, tucked neatly inside the old wych elm in the garden.
As detectives begin to close in, Toby is forced to examine everything he thought he knew about his family, his past, and himself.
For further information contact the Office on 9787 0265 #1.
Other books read by our Book Club…
- Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- The Good People, Hannah Kent
- Working Class Boy, Jimmy Barnes
- A Little Life, Hanya Yanagihara
- The Restorer, Michael Sala
- The Hidden Hours, Sara Foster
- Black Rock White City, A S Patric
- The Dry, Jane Harper
- The Cows, Dawn O’Porter
- Celeste, Roland Perry
- Our Souls at Night, Kent Haruf
- The Secret She Keeps, Michael Robotham
- On the Java Ridge, Jock Serong
- The Girl Before, J P Delaney
- Angels & Insects, A S Byatt
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- The Tin Man, Sarah Winman
- Butterfly on a Pin, Alannah Hill
- The Eggshell Skull, Bri Lee
- The Secret History, Donna Tartt
- Danger Music, Eddie Ayres
- The NoWhere Child, Christian White
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, Holly Ringland
- Regeneration, Pat Barker
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
- Star Crossed, Minnie Darke
- Becoming, Michelle Obama
- The Clockmaker’s Daughter, Kate Morton
Mornington Peninsula's Slice of Paradise
Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house, there is a little something for everyone at the Ranelagh Club!